Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I-CU


It's time again to revisit the ICU (Intensive Care for the Christian Unschooler)


“This week we want to…” make a plan to get out of the house more. I feel like lately we're just cooped up and I think we're all going stir crazy.

“The kids are…” excited to go on vacation in August. We have never had a family vacation.......EVER. I'm less excited. I still don't know how we're going to do it financially. We have 3 free tickets to Six Flags so that's the reason we're trying to plan a trip. The rest is up in the air.

“I am learning….” that I really love old movies more than I ever thought I did. I just love the time period of the 1940s through 1960s. I love the chivalry, the clothes and the language (or lack of if you know what I mean). I love that men respected women and women respected men. That time period suits me well. Oh and I love black and white movies. Helps me focus on the story better for some reason.

“I am struggling with…” looking at myself in the mirror. It's not a physical thing, although I don't really like what I see physically. It's really more of what I see beyond the mirror. I've always heard that hurt people hurt people. I never applied that to myself. I think that I've been so blind to the hurts I've caused others. I push people away because I can't bear being hurt even one more time. I don't have it in me. I have an ugly, smart mouth and I'm just tired of being me most days. I wish I knew how to find myself, whoever that really is. I don't like me very much right now.

“This week is the first time….” I have watched "Walk The Line" which is a movie I've wanted to watch for a long time. REALLY eye opening and meaningful to me. I think there are a lot of life lessons to learn from the story of Johnny Cash.

“I am grateful…” that I can call out to my Abba Father and He hears me. I love the messages He teaches me every day. I love that I don't have to be perfect for Him to love me and that He is going to help me recreate myself into a woman that glorifies HIM in everything I do and say.

I'm grateful for His mercies that are new every morning.

2 comments:

  1. Six flags over Georgia? I'll try to think of something. Hey you could stop by here on the way. :D

    It is true that wounded people wound others, but it is also very true that God heals those wounds. I'm living proof of that. We should talk some time. There will come a time when you like and love yourself. It is a process that starts the moment you are willing to look at your crap. It sounds like you are there.

    Hang on through the process. We usually want it done yesterday, but we couldn't handle being 'fixed' all at once. The wounding didn't happen all at once, so the healing won't either. He who started a good work in you is faithful to completely it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouragement, Nicole. I appreciate it a lot. Actually, we're going to Six Flags over Texas. We're in Oklahoma, so that's much closer.

    ReplyDelete