Truly a WEIRD day for me and no coincidence that is our message series right now. We had to attend church without Greg, which was something I am not used to doing. Back in the Fall when he was working a lot of Sundays, we just didn't go to church at all if he had to work. I felt the Lord nudging me to go today, however. I don't like going anywhere like that without my "covering". For some people that just sounds strange, ok weird, but it's a hard thing to describe. When we're here at home, even if he's not here, I still feel that covering, but when I'm out in public, I feel bare. It's like being in a rainstorm without your umbrella. Greg is my umbrella, yet when I'm out in the world, my umbrella is usually absent. Even though, yes, I do function without my husband, we are such a part of each other that it feels wrong to be without him.
That's weird. But I think that's good. Especially when I see so many marriages breaking up and so many husbands and wives that actually love being apart. I can't imagine. I don't want to EVER feel that way about my husband.
Fast forward..... as I turned to our first scripture verse for the message, I came across scripture that at some point had meant enough to me that I highlighted it. It was 1 Peter 1: 6-7. My NLT translation says this: So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you have to endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine.
It stopped me in my tracks. That wasn't even the verse I was looking up, but there for me today was a verse that my Abba chose for me to see. Something I had highlighted long ago, who knows when. So I'm stopped in my tracks, tears welling up in my eyes. Wonderful JOY. What will that feel like? Overwhelming? I'm sure I'll know when I feel it. I can't wait!
The message goes on and I hear some things that speak directly to my heart. Like how we tell our kids it's "ok" to be different, but we really should be telling them that it's BETTER to be different. He said that different is better and normal is BROKEN!! Wow! Oh and living out your OWN "weird" too. Don't copy someone else's weird.....otherwise you're weird normal. LOL I have to laugh at Pastor Craig Groeschel. What a funny guy. I appreciate his sense of humor so much.
He has recently spoken of some of the "weird" things his family does that mirrors my own life. They home educate their kids (we're on year 5), they used to but no longer celebrate Halloween (stopped that 11 years ago), their children don't date and don't WANT to. After a slightly less than desirable time with our oldest, we decided that dating was not going to happen for the other 3 while they were under our roof. We are praying for their future spouses and really would like to see them go through more of a "courting" type of relationship. We are praying for the will of Yahweh in all of this.
Oh speaking of Yahweh, yeah that's weird to most too. It was weird when I started calling him that and honestly I do still speak of him as "God" at times because well...darn it, I think others will think I'm too WEIRD for calling him something that most don't. Man, that's wrong! If I feel led to call Him Yahweh, then by gosh I'm gonna do it!! Oh and I believe Jesus is actually Yeshua or Yahshua....yeah, the jury is still out on that. Still studying to find my own truth in that matter. :)
One of my biggest obstacles to overcome in becoming more weird in a Godly way is learning this simple truth that Pastor Craig shared:
Becoming obsessed with what people think about you is the quickest way to forget what God thinks about you! Don't lie for the opinions of people. Live for God and get WEIRD!
This week my public declaration is this: I am going to do what I feel called to do whether people think it's weird or not. I am not going to back down or puff up when someone offends me. I am going to consider it joy to be ridiculed and questioned for my beliefs. That is how I know that I'm doing what my beloved Yahweh has asked me to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment