Most people hate plucking weeds and grass from their garden, while I thoroughly enjoy it. Ok, wait, maybe not THOROUGHLY, but I like it. I get out there and it's like free therapy!
I've had an especially difficult time keeping on top of the weeds and grass this year. Yesterday, we ended up watering the garden for like 6 hours!! Um, can you say OOPS?!? As you can imagine, the ground was super soft today after that massive watering. My husband went out and started plucking grass like it was no big deal. He encouraged me to come help.
So what does this have to do with anything? God very gently spoke to me today.....look how easy it is to pluck the weeds when the ground is saturated with water. Hmmmm, how can I apply that to my life, God? He said, "How about saturating YOUR life with the living water and the Word.....THEN you can start plucking those "weeds" with ease."
It all seems so simple. For weeks now, I've been battling the garden weeds and for years, I've been battling the weeds of life, the sin, the chaos. Sadly, I admit that I haven't always kept myself watered very well and plucking those weeds has been difficult.
And this, my friends, is why I enjoy my time in the garden so much. It's those devotional moments that I look forward to.
Well, that and the harvest.....and I think THAT is another blog post in itself.
My pastor spoke about the water of the Word this morning. :) Good analogy, Steph.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great revelation! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete