Ah, another installment of Intensive Care for the Christian Unschooler! I need this!!!
This week we want to......get back in that pool! It has taken us a really long time to get it ready. First was the fact that we let it go and didn't get it covered last Winter. Oh, we KNOW better!! Then the pump broke and so it sat another few weeks, which is the perfect opportunity for algae to grow and grow and grow. I swear the algae had algae! Reminds me of the Saturday Night Live skit "Penelope" where she says "my panic attack had a panic attack, it's called a panic anic attack, it's much worse". LOL Ok, only my son will probably even laugh at that, but that's ok. It makes me smile. So, my amazing husband saved us over $100 by fixing the pump himself. He's my hero! Then it took another week to get the blasted pool swimmable! The kids got in today. They tell me it was delightful! I hope to join them tomorrow.
The kids are…AMAZING. Resilient. Loving. My best friends. I'm amazed that they love me so much. They have such gracious hearts.
I am learning…. that I have a real problem with trust. Not only in other people but in God. I just cannot grasp that He's got my back. I think mainly because for so many years, it didn't seem like He even cared. I KNOW He's good, but I often think that He's not all that interested in what I'm feeling or going through.
I am struggling with…the fact that my oldest child isn't all that interested in me anymore. She told me today that she might be moving quite a ways away and will be living with her boyfriend. I haven't even MET said boyfriend. Yet she spends a lot of time with HIS parents. I love her so much. I just wish she wanted to be my friend.
This week is the first time....that I have been this miserable in a long time. Our AC quit working on Saturday evening. I was anticipating a fairly cheap fix. The last time it did this it cost us about $150 if I remember correctly. I called the AC guy thinking oh yeah, that's what it'll be again. Nope, wrong-o. The compressor is locked up and it's going to cost $1,150. *thud* Yeah, I think I just fell over again. The AC guy is coming to fix it tomorrow and this is going to be very rough to fork over. But my husband tells me that it'll be ok. In Oklahoma, I just don't think that AC is an option. I know that many don't have it. I honestly don't know how they do it. I haven't really slept in the last 4 days. I am CRANKY! My dogs seem lethargic....they're ok, but I can tell they are extra hot. I can't imagine having all that hair and being used to the cool house and having that taken away. I know we all would adapt if we HAD to. I have even had a few well meaning people tell me that AC isn't necessary and that we'd be ok without it. Kind of reminds me of how we, as parents, tell our children to eat all of their food because there's starving children in China. Really? Now I get how LAME that is. I am truly sad that there are so many people in the world that don't have these comforts that I have and I'm sorry if that makes me heartless, but I won't apologize for enjoying these comforts we have. I think that leads me into the next one.....
“I am grateful…that I live in the United States of America and that my husband has a good job. I'm grateful that we can have a home with air conditioning and that we aren't starving. I'm grateful that I have friends who love me even when I'm cranky because I'm hot. I'm grateful that my Abba Father loves me even when I don't understand Him or His ways. I'm just grateful to be me right now.

I love you, too, Steph! You really are doing okay. All of these feelings are normal! Wish I could help you more with the A/C stuff or the "mom" worries, but all of us go through those and they do work themselves out. In this day and age of communication, you are just a call away from your daughter when you want to tell her you love her and miss her or when there is something more to discuss.
ReplyDeleteIs your a/c all fixed now? This heat has been miserable!
ReplyDelete