Thursday, October 6, 2011

Stop Walking Someone Else's Path

Lesson number 2 that the Lord taught me on my 41st birthday.  STOP going along with stuff just because that's what other people do!  Yeah, well, I've always been a rebel at heart, but sometimes my Abba Father needs to remind me to keep going.  Being a rule breaker on the inside and compliant on the outside doesn't really work for me anymore.  In other words, I'm NOT gonna "drink the kool-aid". 

I've already bucked the system by taking my kids out of public school.  That was hard to tell family members and some anti-homeschooling friends.  Then admitting that we now are "unschoolers" as we enter our 6th year of life without "school"......well, I honestly felt like I was gonna PUKE when I admitted that to more than just myself.  People don't understand, nor do they want to.  Even when they see my wonderful, articulate, intelligent children who are thriving in this environment, people still have opinions. 

When I talk about natural remedies, essential oils or eating "real" food, people get all up in arms.  When I say that No, we don't celebrate Easter and Christmas like other Christians do (that's a whole other post in itself), I get the gasps and sighs and the "look", you know that one......the one that says, Oh let's pray for HER. *rolling eyes*

Whatever.

I'm gonna be as Christ-like as I can possibly ever be as a flawed, sinful human being, but I'm not following man's ways or belief system just because it's what everyone else does.  Not anymore.

I believe with everything in me that each person has to follow THEIR path and no two paths are the same.  There might be similarities, but my path is mine alone.  I do not judge you or look down on you for the path you're walking.  I just can't walk your path anymore.  

41 years ago, God created me.  I was unique then and I'm unique now.  I don't look, dress, feel or act like any other person on the planet.  God told me that was a good thing.  I believe Him.

Oh and I'm not apologizing for how I feel about that, either. ;)  See yesterday's blog post if you don't "get" that statement.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment