
“This week we want to…”
work on some more craft projects. I personally want to continue to formulate a plan to remodel our home.....one bit at a time. Have lived here 7½ years and haven't done much other than paint. I need some updating!
work on some more craft projects. I personally want to continue to formulate a plan to remodel our home.....one bit at a time. Have lived here 7½ years and haven't done much other than paint. I need some updating!
“The kids are…”
enjoying their new backyard toy! It's more like a fort! LOL My husband did an excellent job and spent a LOT of time taking it apart at my friend's house and then reassembling it at home.
enjoying their new backyard toy! It's more like a fort! LOL My husband did an excellent job and spent a LOT of time taking it apart at my friend's house and then reassembling it at home.
“I am learning….”
that I love gardening much more than I ever thought (and I didn't think that was possible)
that I love gardening much more than I ever thought (and I didn't think that was possible)
“I am struggling with…”
being labeled as a "Christian". I honestly don't fit the mold. I love Yeshua with my whole heart, but I don't believe in or love what man-made Christianity is right now.
being labeled as a "Christian". I honestly don't fit the mold. I love Yeshua with my whole heart, but I don't believe in or love what man-made Christianity is right now.
“This week is the first time….”
that I've had any amount of peace in a long time.
I have officially "come out" as an unschooler. We've been living and "educating" this way for nearly a year, but I've kept it a secret for the most part. Very few understand. Most think it's being lazy. I really don't care. I know what I see in my children. They are amazing....and SMART! I have also decided that while I want a more organized, clean home, what I have now is NOT uninhabitable and sometimes mess happens. I am going to keep reminding myself that we live here and it's not a showroom. If someone else doesn't like it, they don't have to come over. Oh wait, no one comes over anyway.
that I've had any amount of peace in a long time.
I have officially "come out" as an unschooler. We've been living and "educating" this way for nearly a year, but I've kept it a secret for the most part. Very few understand. Most think it's being lazy. I really don't care. I know what I see in my children. They are amazing....and SMART! I have also decided that while I want a more organized, clean home, what I have now is NOT uninhabitable and sometimes mess happens. I am going to keep reminding myself that we live here and it's not a showroom. If someone else doesn't like it, they don't have to come over. Oh wait, no one comes over anyway.

I totally understand the being labeled as a Christian thing. Christianity isn't pretty and what it has become isn't right, not really.
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the unschooling club. :) You are very welcome. And I know what you mean. My husband keeps reminding me that we are to be set apart from the World and being a Yeshua loving unschooler certainly sets us apart. :)
Oh that fort in the yard looks amazing!
ReplyDeleteand welcome to the unschooling club! sounds like the freedom of just admitting it will be beneficial!
Thank you~ Yes, I think I already see a freedom in actually being able to call ourselves unschoolers. I think I'm actually seeing things I never saw before. Like how my children automatically choose to watch educational tv shows without me telling them to. Now, of course they love nonsense tv too, but I love noticing their GOOD choices.
ReplyDeleteOr...how even at 11:30 at night as I'm kissing them goodnight, the middle kids, ages 16 and 12 are READING in bed. I just let them read....
I am so glad you have found peace, in your life. As I read your entry and what you are having a challenge with I wondered if it's similar to what I feel from time to time. This is my first visit here so I am not sure yet. *smile* So...here goes...I also love my Father and am eterenally greatful for the gift of Jesus the Son and his living testimoney of how I ought to live my life. *smile* I believe what the bible says is true and I try my best to live out what I know to be right, not that I get it but I try and ask for repentance when I mess up. *smile* My beloved husband and I believe that it's our privilage and responsability to train up our two little blessings ages six and four and that we are blessed to have them in our lives. So, tell me are we on the same page? *smile* I hope you have a great day fallowing the Teacher along the narrow road as you train up your children with your beloved. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!
ReplyDeleteYes, we are definitely on the same page!! Thank you for your comments!
ReplyDeleteStephanie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my website and your compliments.
Just thought that I would comment on the Christianity part of your post. (This actually comes something I wrote on the blog a long time ago.)
My philosophy has changed.
Part of that philosophy change is I no longer like the word Christian. Not because of what the word means. The Greek translation of the word Christian means to be Christ-like. There’s definitely nothing wrong with being Christ-like. However, because of the Church’s failure to safe-guard the faith and its relationship with society, we have allowed the word Christian to be associated with judgmental, egotistical, homophobic, religious, and political zealots. It has become more important for us to get those sinners we talk to every day into the church and change them to be more like us and not so much like Christ. And, less attractive, is the thought that churches see them strictly as a number or as dollar signs instead of people.
These are strong words that I have been on the receiving end of just because I claimed to be a Christian. I don’t want to be remembered by a name, but rather by how I lived. Actions speak louder than words. I’m a Christ-follower. That’s what I want to be known as. I want to be known as someone who has experienced the true love and freedom of Christ and who wants to share that love with everyone I meet.
Jesse, it sounds like we want the same thing. You very eloquently stated exactly how I feel. Bless you!
ReplyDelete